About Pacey MedTech
Pacey MedTech is on the cutting edge of incontinence research. Dr. Jack Pacey has developed the revolutionary Pacey Cuff to solve men’s urinary incontinence issues in a way that wasn’t possible before. The clamp is dead - urethral control devices are here to stay. Pacey MedTech’s mission is to revolutionize the incontinence industry by creating cutting edge products that will be the new standard for incontinence. The goal is absolute freedom, freedom to explore and experience the world like you used to.
The Pacey Cuff
Pacey MedTech’s Pacey Cuff is a revolutionary device that takes a completely new direction in the urinary incontinence market than any other product. Designed in such a way that it is more reliable than a traditional clamp, and more comfortable and adjustable than anything else on the market, the Pacey Cuff is the next generation of urethral control devices. Click here to learn more.
Meet the Team
Dr. Jack Pacey
Dr. Jack Pacey is a medical doctor who has been practicing medicine for over 40 years. A surgeon at Burnaby Hospital for over 30 years, Dr. Pacey decided to branch out on his own and founded his first company, Saturn Biomedical Systems (later acquired by Verathon Medical Canada in 2006). His newest company, PaceyMedTech, is positioned to positively disrupt the urethral medical scene like never before, and his flagship product, the Pacey Cuff, is what is going to lead that disruption. Dr. Pacey lives in Vancouver, BC.
- From 1976 - 2007, Dr. Pacey was a Vascular & General Surgeon
- He was the Co-Founder of Saturn Biomedical Systems
- He is a previous disruptor: Dr. Pacey created the GlideScope video laryngoscope in 2000, completely revolutionizing the Airway Management medical industry.
- Dr. Pacey received an Honorary Professorship of Anesthesia in 2007
- He received the McEwan Prize in Airway management from the UK Difficult Airway Society in 2014
- He received the Distinguished Service Award from the Society for Airway Management USA in 2016
Chief Technology Officer
Ian has been active in medical device development in Vancouver for more than 20 years, mainly focused on urology and endovascular products. He is co-founder of five medical technology startups, and has substantial engineering, regulatory, and clinical trial experience that has led to the successful launch of many medical devices. Ian is a past recipient of the "Top 40 Under 40" from the magazine Business In Vancouver.
Marketing and Channel Manager
Nadine has been active in the medical device industry for over 15 years in both Vancouver and across Europe, with a focus on business development, product management as well as sales & marketing management. She is excited to be back in Vancouver again and to be working with the team at Pacey MedTech to bring new, unique products to market.
Daniel Rapoport MD FRCSC
- MD 2003 UBC Medical School
- Urology Residency completed 2008 UBC Dept of Urological Sciences
- Fellowship in Reconstructive Urology 2009 Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Practice specializing in urinary incontinence, urinary tract reconstruction, prosthetics
- Provide complex and re-do surgical management for recto-urinary fistulae, vaginal fistulae, urethral strictures, severe urinary incontinence
- Clinical instructor, UBC Dept of Urological Sciences